background

Saturday, July 7, 2012

The most random post ever!

This year I'm moving to a new school.  Which honestly is one of the scariest things ever!  While I am excited to have a new adventure it's like the first day of school all over again!

What if no one likes me? 

What if I don't know what to do?

The only reason I left was that it was time for a change and luckily for me my amazing former AP was promoted to be a principal at a different school and she graciously took me on! 

So I'm changing a lot of things.  Including my behavior plan.  Traditionally I've used the typical stop light colors. Green, Yellow, (I added an Orange), and Red. 

Then one of my colleagues came back from a behavior conference where this was presented.  And upon further investigation this is ALL OVER Pinterest!

More details can be found in this free e-book http://www.newmanagement.com/ebooks/pdf/clip_chart_ebook.pdf

I'm all about rewarding positive behavior so I'm shocked it took me so long to realize this is what was missing! 

So of course I had to change the way my homework log looked to communicate this behavior home. 

This is what I came up with. 

I had to move around a few boxes but overall I like how it turned out.  

Also I finished filling my Teamie gifts.  Now just to make a cute label to go across the top.  Which I won't finish any until we go back to school since our District has pink slipped a few hundred teachers we are not sure who will be coming back and who will not.  But the good news is since I watch the Target Dollar spot like a hawk I can wait until the dollar spot stuff actually goes on clearance.  So for each box it only cost me a little less than $2 .50 to make total ! (and when I use my Target card I get that extra 5% off) Not too shabby. 

Of course my inspiration came from the lovely eighteen25.blogspot.com in this original post.  But I made mini versions using the organizers I found in the dollar spot for 25 cents! ( I also think it will look cuter with just plain hershey kisses but all I had at home were the ones I bought in Hawaii)


Looking forward to a restful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment