background

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pom Pom Trial

So I've seen these all over the place.  At parties. On blogs. Just about everywhere.  And I knew there had to be a way to make them versus buying a kit from the craft store.  So thanks to Pinterest I found this beauty. 

From the Godmother of Crafting herself, Martha Stewart
 
My only complaint is, I really need step 3 to have maybe one more photo before step 4.  I need to know do you pull toward the middle for all of them.  Do you do half of the stack one way and the other half the other way.  I just need to know these things!  Since I am not good at following directions and getting the same results, I just have a hard time when it comes to paper folding.  (I can't even fold an airplane properly)

But for all intents and purposes it didn't turn out too bad for my first time.  I used 20 sheets instead of 8 because I read someone else's comments on this that 8 sheets wasn't full enough. 

Here are my results.  
More of a pointed cut

More of a rounded cut
My tips are the following

*Perhaps use 11- 15 sheets

*Use a scoring blade to make the folds more defined (the further in I got into my pom the less defined the folds were)

* I just used a rubber band to secure the middle, no floral wire needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment